Looking to create a fantastic outfit? Then matching your clothes correctly is key. If you're not sure how to go about this, don't worry! In our guide, we will help you achieve the style you always wanted. Read through our tips to find out everything you need to know!
4 Easy Tips to Match Men's Clothing
Sure, pairing certain garments can sometimes be a challenge. The good news is that you can use different effective tricks to achieve an impeccable outfit. We'll tell you all about them, so get your notepad out!
1. Colours first
For both men and women, colours are a fundamental element when it comes to matching clothes. Here's how you can go about it:
- Complementary or opposite colours: The colour circle (or colour wheel) is an interesting tool for discovering the many tone combinations. The complementary or opposite colours face each other on the wheel, like red and green or lilac and yellow. If you enjoy a classic style, the contrast of this colour pairing may be a bit intense for you. To lower this intensity, you can choose one colour duller or darker than the other.
- Achromatic colours: These "colourless” colours include black, white, and some greys. These shades are like wild cards: they pair with everything, always look good, and never go out of fashion. That's why we recommend that you keep clothes in these colours in your wardrobe. It's a guaranteed hit!
- Warm colours: These colours are in the range of reds, oranges, browns, yellows, or ochres, for instance. Garments in these shades are generally more rustic or vintage.
- Cool colours: These colours range from blue to green and purple. The more blue they have, the cooler they are. Clothes in these shades can be paired with each other.
2. Define your style
The ideal clothes for you will depend on your style. Here are some recommendations:
- Elegant: If your style is more elegant, your wardrobe can't be missing pintuck trousers or dress shoes and shirts. Suits and blazers are also a must. As far as colours go, you will want to prioritise grey, black, white, and blue. They are easy to pair, refined, and timeless.
- Modern: If you prefer to innovate, we suggest you opt for leather or denim slim-fit trousers. They can be ripped or worn out. You can also choose wider, cuffed models to pair to a sweatshirt or T-shirt with an avant-garde print. Look for bright, original colours to stand out!
- Vintage: In this case, we recommend warm tones, like those we mentioned earlier; they will work perfectly with this style! You can choose knitted garments or with additional retro details, such as embroidery. You could combine a knitted jumper with a pair of light wash jeans.
3. Material matters!
Some materials go well with anything. This is the case of cotton and denim, for instance. Plus, they never go out of fashion. You can easily combine a denim jacket with leather trousers, Or a cotton sweatshirt with a pair of polyester Bermuda shorts. The sky's the limit!
4. The essential garments
Certain pieces of clothing are absolutely vital in any wardrobe. These include classic shirts, white shirts, black trousers, denim jackets, leggings, knitted jumpers, or padded vests. They are very functional, easy to pair, versatile, and timeless garments.
As you now know, there are many ways to match men's clothing. But in the end, the most important thing is that you put your personal tastes above the fashion trends. This way, you will feel comfortable and confident.
We hope that our guide has helped you define the outfit you were looking for. See you next time!
Image: Unsplash - Ali Jouyandeh