More reliable and vintage in their designs, men's automatic watches have become quite popular among people from all walks of life. Though watches are now more about fashion than timekeeping in today's digital world, they haven't lost their touch.
In this article, you will get to know more about men's automatic watches. So, let's jump in!
Men’s Automatic Watch: Everything you should know about
An exquisite timepiece can take your style-game to the next level. Though it all comes down to your personal choice and taste, a reliable watch can add to your look.
What is a men's automatic watch?
An automatic watch, as the name suggests, uses automatic movement to ensure daily operation. The automatic movement harnesses energy from the natural motion of the wearer's wrist to wind the mainspring of the timepiece. This makes manual winding completely unnecessary, so you don't have to worry about winding the watch daily. These types of watches are available in different designs having distinct features peculiar to each brand.
What are popular brands for men’s automatic watches?
Picking the right watch for yourself requires you to know the manufacturers. Some of the notable brands for men’s automatic watches include:
- Citizen: This Japanese company is the largest manufacturer of automatic watches in the market. They are known for incorporating innovative technologies in their timepieces, like watch movements to be powered by both artificial and solar light.
- Hamilton: Known for their exceptional construction, Hamilton watches pack a punch for their prices. They are designed to serve you in years to come.
- Orient: Though a subsidiary of Seiko, Orient has marked its own position in the business. Their watches are pretty, reliable, and equipped with high-end mechanisms.
What are the types of Men’s Automatic Watch?
When it comes to types, men's automatic watches fall into the following categories:
- Diving watch: Ideally designed for scuba divers, diving watches have stunning features. The most prominent of them is water-resistance, of course. Other than that, they have rotating bezels and can sustain the pressure of deep water diving.
- Field watch: Another type of men's automatic watch is a field watch. It is ideally designed for outdoor activities like hiking, camping, and mountain climbing. They are somehow waterproof and feature a rugged design in order to withstand extreme conditions. Some of the most common features include luminescent hands and compass faces.
How long does a men’s automatic watch last?
An average men's automatic watch is expected to have a power reserve of 48 hours. Ideally, it is recommended to wear your watch every day in order to keep it powered all the time. In case you don't wear it regularly, it might run out of power after 40-50 hours, and you have to manually wind it to put it back to work.
Similarly, when it comes to the lifespans, with proper maintenance, a high-quality watch tends to last for years.
Men’s automatic watches are an ideal choice for anyone who does not want to rely on a battery. With so many options hitting the market every day, it might be difficult to choose the best one for you. Therefore, it is essential to do your research beforehand and pay attention to certain features for the ideal purchase. An excellent watch is durable, water-proof, and backed by a warranty to enhance your confidence.
Featured image: Unsplash - On Feed