We wanted to focus on the infamous men's fanny pack, which is very much back in fashion, but most of the content is about women. Women wear them well, but I also see more and more men rock this hated and loved item every day. That's why we decided to create a small men's fanny pack guide so you can go shopping for one with confidence!
Fanny Packs for men: Everything You Should Know About
The death of the men's fanny pack was mainly due to the fact that it was cheap to make, and thus used as a marketing tool for many companies. But what made it completely die was when dad's started to wear it to the beach and other public places!
What type of fanny pack should I buy?
- Big fanny pack. The big men's fanny pack is more of a practical item for men than a fashion statement. Because it has a larger and thicker strap, it's very comfortable to wear, even when it's heavy. Its size makes it easy to put a lot of stuff in it, like sunscreen, an extra t-shirt, a vape, and a lot more.
- Small fanny pack. These men's fanny packs are more common, and some of them can be very small. We feel that these are more of a fashion statement, although they can be very practical.
- Shoulder fanny pack. This is the evolution of the original men's fanny pack, which simply cannot be worn around the waist. We don't consider this is a shoulder bag because of its size. We think this kind of men's fanny bag is much more comfortable to wear than other men's fanny packs, but it often has limited storage space.
How can I wear a fanny pack?
In most street-style pictures of men wearing men's fanny packs, you'll see them wearing it tightly over the chest. Wearing it loose makes it a lot easier to sling around on the back, which we think looks sleek!
Lately, we've seen more and more men just wearing it around the waist, like it was designed. Less men wear it this way, and it'll make you stand out instead of looking like someone who just bought it because you've seen it worn on some celebrity.
What are the different types of fanny packs?
- Streetwear men's fanny pack. This type of men's fanny pack is most often characterized by bright colours, sometimes funky designs and big logos and brand names. We think this is the most popular of the three, but also the coolest! Wear this type of men's fanny pack with a hoodie or sweatshirt and try to match the colours of your outfit with your men's fanny pack.
- Urban men's fanny pack. This type of men's fanny pack is characterized by a more subtle and practical design. They usually are smaller brand names and have logos on them, sometimes more pockets than you can count, and they tend to feel more durable and firm. You can wear these men's fanny packs with your favourite street-wear as well as your urban workwear. It's quite a versatile accessory that we would recommend for first-timers who want their first men's fanny pack.
- Practical fanny pack. This type of men's fanny pack is usually made of leather, with no noticable logo and a minimal design with very few pockets. It's usually worn over more dressy, yet relaxed clothes, like a shirt and suit pants.
Men's fanny packs are now everywhere. We love to run errands or travel and have easy access to our phones and wallets. Styles have come a long way since the '80s, and there are many beautiful choices to choose from.
Portable, trendy, convenient. There's a reason why the men's fanny pack has so many fans. This timeless accessory is as practical as it's stylish. Whether it's a night out or a trek through the woods, a men's fanny pack can help keep the essentials of your life.
Photo by ConvertKit on Unsplash