When the weather's slightly chilly but it isn't time to whip out the winter gear yet, a men's lightweight down jacket is exactly what you need. Not only will you have a good amount of warmth, but most men's lightweight down jackets are also breathable and waterproof.
Men's Lightweight Down Jackets: Everything You Should Know About
If you're planning on getting a lightweight down jacket or already have one in your closet, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some commonly asked queries pertaining to lightweight down jackets from what to look for when purchasing one and how to take care of one.
What to look for in a lightweight down jacket?
There are a couple of things to look for in your men's lightweight down jacket:
- Warmth – You'll definitely want to make sure that it provides you with the warmth that you need.
- Durability – Will it last for a considerable period of time?
- Lightweight – Can you pack it into your backpack or take it with you while you're on the go?
- Fit – Does it fit right?
How to take care of your lightweight down jacket?
There are a few steps to follow and we've detailed them below:
- Start by removing any loose dirt with a brush.
- Then, go ahead and set your washing machine to a cold wash or a delicate wool cycle.
- Go ahead and pour the detergent before placing your lightweight down jacket into the machine.
- Finally, go ahead and dry your jacket on low heat.
How much down is in a lightweight down jacket?
A men's lightweight down jacket will usually come with about three to four ounces of down fill. These are great for shoulder seasons or on warmer winter days.
If you're looking for a down jacket that isn't as bulky, a men's lightweight down jacket is the way to go. These are not only breathable, but they're exceptionally warm and is a jacket that you'll be able to take with you while you're on the go.
Photo by Oziel Gomez on Pexels