A men's poncho can either be a waterproof piece of clothing that's typically worn as a raincoat, or it's a garment that's made of a thick piece of cloth – that's usually made of wool, and comes with a slit in the middle for the head. Men's ponchos are typically worn as an additional layer, especially when you need some added warmth.
Men's Ponchos: Everything You Should Know About
Whether you're looking to get a men's poncho or you've already got one in your wardrobe, we're here to help. Below, we'll answer some queries pertaining to men's ponchos from whether men's ponchos in style to what do you wear under a men's poncho.
Are ponchos in style?
Interestingly, men's ponchos have recently had a style resurgence. Not only are they on display on several runaways, but they also come in a wide range of materials that you can pick from. Take your pick from either a cozy knit pocho to a wool poncho.
What do you wear under a men's poncho?
It's really up to you and the weather that you're wearing your poncho in. If it's only slightly chilly outside, you can wear a t-shirt under your men's poncho along with a pair of jeans. On the other hand, it's relatively cold, you can opt for a long-sleeve t-shirt or a sweater – whichever you prefer.
How to style a men's poncho?
There are a couple of ways to style a men's poncho and here are some of our suggestions:
- For something super casual, you can wear your men's poncho with some jeans and a long-sleeved top.
- For a more polished look, a men's poncho also looks great with a collared shirt or a polo neck. Feel free to pair it with some chinos or slacks.
Are ponchos warm?
Like most items, it really depends on the material of your men's poncho. If you've got one made of wool material, for example, it can be exceedingly warm. They're also lightweight and generally incredibly comfortable to wear.
Why are men's ponchos great?
There are a couple of reasons why you should purchase a men's poncho:
- Layers – Men's ponchos are great because you can wear it with a wide range of layers.
- Versatility – You can always match your men's poncho with a fun shirt or spruce up your outfit to make it look a little more fun.
- Warmth – They're lightweight, breathable and offer a good amount of warmth.
While it isn't exactly the most popular item out there, men's ponchos are a fantastic piece of clothing to wear if you're lookign for something that you can layer with that's also both breathable and comfortable. Additionally, men's ponchos can also be a fun piece that you can mix and match with other items in your wardrobe.
Photo by Westwind Air Service on Unsplash