T-shirts are a staple for any man’s wardrobe as they’re both versatile and comfortable. The right men’s t-shirt can also transform your overall look and take you from a casual lunch to a more formal dinner.
With so many different men’s t-shirts on the market however, it can be overwhelming to select one that best suits your needs.
Men’s T-shirts: Everything You Should Know About
Below, we’ve answered some frequently asked questions that’ll help you with your search in finding the perfect men’s t-shirt.
What are the different types of men’s t-shirts?
There are various types of men’s t-shirts and we’ll go through the more popular ones in greater detail.
- Crew neck: These are casual and comfortable t-shirts that can make the chest appear broader. If you’d like, you can also layer a crew neck t-shirt under a collared shirt.
- V-neck: This versatile shirt can provide both a casual and formal look. They can be both loose and tight-fitting – depending on which style you prefer.
- The Henley: These shirts look similar to Polo t-shirts but without the collar. They’re usually matched with denim and can be suited to both casual and semi-formal occasions.
- Polo: Polo t-shirts are usually worn for semi-formal occasions. They’re usually made from knitted cotton or a blend of synthetic and natural fibers.
- The Scoop Neck: These t-shirts are great for those that want to show a little more skin. Plain and striped scoop necks are usually more popular than their plain counterparts.
- Graphic T-shirt: Another versatile shirt that comes with bold prints and patterns – ideal for stylish representations. They look great when matched with jeans and sneakers.
How can you tell if the men’s t-shirt is of good quality?
A high-quality men’s t-shirt should be made of pre-shrunk cotton that’s soft and breathable. Try not to opt for a t-shirt that’s made of itchy synthetic fibers as it can also shrink or change shape after it has been placed in the wash.
It’s also best if the t-shirt’s GOTS (Global Organic Textiles Standard) certified as it means that the material is not made from harmful and unnatural dyes and chemicals.
How many men’s t-shirts should a man have?
There isn’t a set number per say but if you like wearing t-shirts everyday it might be good to have about 10-15 in your closet. If not, you can have about 6-7 t-shirts in different styles and you should be good to go.
Should men’s t-shirts be tight or loose?
Honestly, it shouldn’t be either. Your t-shirt should conform and contour to your natural body shape. Regardless of which you pick, your t-shirt should be comfortable and not restrict your movement or cause you any discomfort.
Featured Image: unsplash - @freetousesoundscom