Shopping for a new bag can be overwhelming. Which one should you buy, should you own different styles, and can you get away with only one staple bag?
The article is a shopping guide to buying a bag: the type of women’s bags available; how many to own; in which colour; and how to find one for everyday use - a go-to.
Bags for Women: How many should you own?
As many as you want! Bags spruce up an outfit and, for the more practically-minded, organize belongings when in town or travelling. However, we recommend also buying one investment bag that will last.
What are the different types of Bags for Women?
Women have the luxury of having a variety of bags available to them. Any style, size, or colour imagined probably exists. Here is a list of the most popular and practical styles to make shopping easier.
- Backpack: The style of the bag is both stylish and practical. The women’s backpack is smaller than a man’s travelling one and used as a purse, hand luggage, or a weekend bag.
- Tote: The tote is a large open bag and is often used for shopping, but can also be both a fashion item and practical bag for daily use.
- Duffel: A duffel bag is preferred for the gym, hand luggage, or as a weekender. It can hold shoes, up to two pairs of clothes and other necessities.
- Satchel: The satchel is both a stylish and practical women’s bag. It can be worn on the shoulder or across the body and has space for laptops and other necessities.
- Clutch: The clutch is the choice bag for the evening because it is compact and easy to carry.
How do I choose a bag for everyday use?
If you want to purchase an everyday go-to, choose one that suits your style, the clothes in your closet, and the colour scheme. Think about your daily activities and what you need to carry to work, meetings, or into town.
How long should a purse last?
Women’s bags are investments and, if bought well, last a lifetime. In comparison, a lower-end purse lasts for 12 months to two years. Its longevity depends on how it is cared for and used.
What colour should I buy?
Pick a color that suits your taste and style. Colors such as black, tan/brown, or nude suit almost all women and are always fashionable.
What colour purse can you use year-round?
Black or brown/tan bags go with almost any colour and are worn during any season.
The bag best suited to you is the one that suits your lifestyle, your fashion sense, and your colour palette. Women’s bags are fun and versatile, and owning a few is never a bad thing. When you are looking for the special one, make sure you do your research and choose one that will stand the test of time.
Photo by themodernuprising on Unsplash