If you're looking for a short, tailored jacket that'll go well with any outfit, look no further than the women's bolero. Not only is it a timeless addition to any wardrobe, but it's also a more stylish alternative than a cardigan or a shawl. Additionally, most women's boleros are also perfect for more formal events.
Women's Bolero: Everything You Should Know About
Whether you've got a women's bolero or you're thinking of getting one, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some commonly asked queries pertaining to women's boleros. From what are the different types of women's bolero to how to style it and more.
What are the different types of women's bolero?
There are a few different types of women's bolero and we'll discuss each of them in greater detail below:
- Knit bolero – These look similar to a cropped jacket but are usually longer and have a more structured look to them. As they're made of knit material, they're also usually warmer.
- Faux fur bolero – These are great if you're looking to make a statement. Not only is it sure to turn heads, but it also matches well with either a cocktail dress or even a maxi dress.
- Lace bolero – These have intricate patterns on them and are also great for more formal events.
- Velvet bolero – Looking for something that has a feminine yet stylish look to it? Look no further than the velvet bolero that can be paired with plenty from dresses to tank tops.
What is the difference between a bolero and a shrug?
The main difference between a shrug and a bolero is that a shrug is usually a cropped cardigan while boleros are a tad dressier and can be worn for more formal evening events. Shrugs are usually worn with skirts or dresses but they're also typically versatile enough to be paired with jeans and other more casual pieces of clothing. Boleros on the otherhand are made of delicate materials and can be short, long-sleeved or even cropped.
How do you style a women's bolero?
There are a couple of ways to style a women's bolero and here are some of our suggestions:
- If you're looking for a women's bolero that can be styled with plenty, consider purchasing one that comes in a neutral color.
- If you want more of a classic look, you can purchase a women's bolero that comes with a simple and minimalist look.
- Want something that has an edgier look to it? You can consider a women's bolero that comes embellished with studs.
Are women's bolero in style?
Yes, they certainly are. They're a great piece to have if you're looking for something to keep you warm during a dressier event. Not only do they come in a variety of colours and materials that you can choose from, but depending on the women's bolero that you've got, they also pair with plenty.
If you're thinking of getting a piece of clothing that'll keep you warm and also looks great for dressier events, you can't go wrong with the women's bolero. Not only does it. come in a range of materials, but there are also a plethora of colors to pick from. It's also a timeless piece that can last you for many years to come.
Featured image: Christina Morillo – Pexels