The women's coatigan is a trendy new garment that has grown in popularity in recent years. As the name suggests, it's a cross between a coat and a cardigan so you've got the best of both worlds. You'll have the knitted sweater at the front along with buttons, but the substance and functionality of a coat.
Women's Coatigans: Everything you should know about
If you're interested in learning more about the coatigan we're here to help. Below, we've answered some of the more popular questions in regards to coatigans. From whether or not women's coatigans are warm to how you should go about wearing a coatigan, we've got you covered.
How do you wear a coatigan?
Since the coatigan's a relatively oversized and loose piece of clothing, how do you go about styling it? Below are a few of our suggestions:
- If you'd like to define your waist a little more, you can invest in a belt that'll help pull your coatigan off.
- Since the coatigan's a rather oversized piece of clothing, you'd want to keep your clothes fitted for a trendy look. Match it with some dark skinny jeans and a pair of boots and you're good to go.
- The coatigan's best for casual looks as it is a minimalist feel to it. A great pair of jeans and a white t-shirt can easily complete the look.
Are coatigans warm?
Women's coatigans are a great transitional piece for any wardrobe. They're great for in between weather as its lighter than a coat but warmer than a regular cardigan.
How do I choose a coatigan?
There are a couple of things you'd need to take into consideration when choosing a coatigan that suits your needs:
- Colour – Decide if you'd like to go for a bold and vibrant coatigan or something with a more minimalist tone. Minimalist coatigans are great if you've already got plenty of colours and patterns in your wardrobe.
- Length – If you've got a lot of knee length items in your wardrobe, opt for a knee length coatigan. On the otherhand, if you're more of a jeans person you can opt for a shorter coatigan.
How do you style coatigans?
It's honestly up to you and you can have some fun with it! You can choose to wear the coatigan open and style it with a v-neck top and some heels, or even pair it with a dress or a skirt. If the weather's extra cold outside, add on some tights and boots and you're good to go.
The coatigan is a great piece of clothing to have in your wardrobe. Not only will it keep you warm during transitional weather, but it's also something that you can dress up or down with ease. Style it with something that's perfect for the office, or wear over a formal outfit for a special occasion – the choice is yours!
Photo by Ketut Subiyanto on Pexels