Fedora hats have been here for a long time with a long history to create an ideal sophisticated look for women and are not going anywhere any time soon. They are the autumn and winter staple pieces. It is a great companion to keep your head warm for the upcoming colder days yet the colours, texture and the style of the hat can give you a stylish chic look.
Women's fedora hat: Everything you should know about
Fedora hats have been known for their long history. Its popularity was heightened by the French actress, Sarah Bernhardt during the 1880’s for the female market.
What is a women's fedora hat?
Fedora hats can be distinguished from other by a couple of traits. In the following list you find the typical characteristics of a women's fedora hat:
- The crown: It is usually found to be pinched in the front end side of the hat.
- The material: They are usually found to be straws, felt, wool to cashmere depending on your budget or preference of your style.
- The Brim: A classic fedora hat is usually on the average of two and half inches wide, that gives a distinct feature to the looks compared to other hats.
When can you wear a women's fedora hat?
Thanks to the timeless style, fedora hats can be worn all year long. They have been known to be absolute essentials for music festivals during the summertime as well as perfect for wintertime with layers of clothing to make the whole outfit trendy. The wide brim of the hat creates an appealing look for any occasion and It's the perfect way to jazz up any outfits.
What to wear with a fedora hat?
As we are heading for a colder climate , here are three main lists of styling advice to wear fedora hats this Autumn/ Winter.
- Wearing the hat with chunky knits, skinny jeans and thigh high boots can give a minimalist effortless look.
- Different colours of fedora hats can be worn with neutral outfits to inject some colours.
- Wearing the hat with the trench coat, warm knit and ankle boots can give you a time- less classic look.
- Classic leather jacket, plain tee shirt paired up with classic jeans and a monotoned fedora and your own preferred boots for a rock and roll style.
Fedora hats can elevate any outfit. They are one of the must have easy timeless staple pieces for your wardrobe whether your style leans towards a rock chic girl or a trend setter.
Featured image: unsplash.com / Clem Onojeghuo