Whether it is to keep your head warm in the chilly winters, to shade your face from the sun during summers, or to hide a bad hair day, a hat always comes to rescue.
With so many hat style names, you may not always be sure which style is which. Consider this article as your guide into the world of hat styles and allow us to escort you through each one of them.
Things You Need To Know Before Buying Women's Hats
Not everyone has the same opinion on a hat style, especially when there are so many styles to choose from. We, however, have tried to explain each style so that you will be able to distinguish among the different hats when you see them.
What are the different types of women's hats?
Below are the most popular hat types that have been established over time and are worn by women extensively.
- Bucket hat: Bucket hat is the first on the list because boy oh boy are they in trend. Streetwear, outdoorsy, cute or casual there's hardly any look you can't nail with a bucket hat.
- Toque: A toque hat is the most popular winter beanie style for women across the world. It has a furry bobble at the crown of the beanie. This adorable style can spice up your every winter outfit.
- Fedora hat: Earlier, fedoras were worn by men, but women have now set this hat as their own. These have a folded top, short rim, and a notable ribbon around the base of the hat. They go well with long coats and relaxed trousers.
- Schoolboy Hat: The schoolboy hat also called a newsboy hat, goes well with both, cool and casual outfits. For a dressy look, you can wear it with a woman's suit set and for a casual look, wear it with a t-shirt and jeans.
- Beanie: A head-hugging beanie is a super useful hat to own for the winters. If you have long hair, slip on the beanie over your head and let your hair down to complete an adorable winter outfit. Beanies are available in a variety of colours and patterns to suit everyone's style.
- Beret: A beret is a crocheted, soft, round and flat-crowned hat. You can tilt it a little bit, for a more artistic look. Wear it with an oversized sweater and a pleated skirt or even with a casual dress, and you're good to go.
- Floppy Hat: A floppy hat is a wide-brimmed hat. You can wear it on the beach with your floral dress for an effortlessly feminine look. It will also protect your face from the bright sun saving you from sunburn.
Which women's hats are suitable for short hair?
Newsboy and fedora hats are most suitable for short hair. They frame your face well irrespective of your hair length.
Do bucket hats look good on everyone?
Yes. Bucket hats are very versatile and look good on everyone. They are a great accessory to own if you're just starting out with hats.
How tight should a hat fit?
A hat should fit snug but not be tight. It should have full contact around your head, and the crown should rest lightly on the top.
Buying a hat can feel like a brave decision, especially if you've never tried one on. But you have to take the first step to know which one suits you best.
The correct hat can enhance your look by balancing out your face shape and structure. So if you want to try something new and are considering buying a hat, don't second guess your intent, just go or it!
Image Source: Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash