Different forms of jewellery have been adorning women since classical times. Over the years, with the emergence of different styles, the face of jewellery has also changed.
Dainty, classic, retro or bold, there's a piece of jewellery to match every vibe. Just like your clothes, jewellery also emphasizes your personal style.
Everything You Should Know About Women's Jewellery
With so many different varieties to choose from, finding the perfect jewellery can seem overwhelming. To inform you and further make your buying decision easier, we've tried our best to answer the most common questions people ask about jewellery.
What are the different types of Women's Jewellery?
There are various kinds of women's jewellery. The most popular ones are:
- Bracelets: A bracelet is a piece of jewellery worn around the wrist. Some classic and sophisticated options for bracelets are tennis bracelets, pearl bracelets or bangles. For a more casual appearance, you can wear charm, beaded or slider bracelets. If you want to go all out and bold, designer, chain or cuff bracelets are the best.
- Earrings: An earring is a piece of jewellery worn through a piercing in the ear. There are different kinds of earrings like studs, hoops, cuffs, ear climbers, to name a few. Depending on the style, earrings also come in different shapes and lengths.
- Necklaces: A necklace is a jewellery article worn around the neck. They come in a variety of lengths and styles. Some popular types are opera necklaces, collar necklaces, chokers, lariats, sautoirs, etc. You can also layer your necklaces depending on their type and length.
- Pendants: A pendant is a type of necklace which has a loose piece of jewellery hanging through a chain. Popular pendant types are lockets, lavalieres and ones with precious stones. If you're looking for something simple and dainty, a pendant is a great choice.
- Rings: A ring is a circular metal band, usually worn on the finger. The most familiar types are birthstone rings, contemporary rings, cluster rings, eternity band rings, and engagement rings. They're of utmost significance when worn as a symbol of commitment or promise.
Why is jewellery essential?
Jewellery can highlight your best features. If you're wearing the right jewellery that compliments you, it can make you feel confident, stylish and beautiful. It can even make you stand out from the crowd.
What jewellery should every woman own?
A pearl necklace, diamond(or CZ) earrings, a coin pendant, a tennis bracelet and a few rings are must-haves. You can also invest in some statement jewellery like a chunky necklace, large filigree earrings or a cuff bracelet. Even a casual outfit like jeans and a plain t-shirt can turn stylish when paired with impactful statement jewellery.
Which metal jewellery does not rust?
Gold, Silver and Platinum are the most well-known metals used for making jewellery that does not rust. However, there are also other metals like Stainless Steel (316L Stainless Steel), Titanium, Palladium, Ceramic (Ceramic Carbide) and Cobalt that are used to make long-lasting jewellery that doesn't tarnish.
Nowadays, with more affordable fashion jewellery brands on hand, it's easier to buy jewellery that's in vogue and also easy on the pocket. What's more? They even make for a perfect gift!
Investing in classic jewellery pieces makes sense, but that shouldn't stop you from buying trendy jewellery. I agree some trends have a relatively short shelf-life but remember, trends tend to come back around!
Image source: Photo by KYLE CUT MEDIA on Unsplash