Looking for a pair of pants to wear while riding? Women's jodhpurs are tailor-made for sitting in a saddle; they are designed to optimize comfort. Of course, you still want to look stylish while riding, so let us help you out.
Since women's jodhpurs were launched in the UK, they have undergone changes to make them more comfortable and bring them to the fashion world. Splashed across the pages of high fashion magazines, equestrian chic still comes back every couple of years.
Jodhpurs for women: Everything You Should Know About
If you're a keen rider, you're going to be able to look just as fashion-forward while rocking a practical outfit at the same time. Here are some useful tips to help you select the best women's jodhpurs.
What are the different types of jodhpurs?
With so much variety out there on the market, there's no design that's preferred. Choose a look that you know you're going to wear time and time again and choose a color that goes with a variety of outfit choices.
- Traditional: When they were first introduced in the UK, the classic women's jodhpur style was designed to be loose around the hips and thighs and tight from the knee to the ankle. This makes riding easy but still protects your calves and ankles. It also ensures that a shorter boot style is easier to wear because the closer fit gives the legs all the support they need.
- Modern: Women's jodhpurs have now shifted from a relaxed fit around the hips to a tighter fit. Think of them as thicker leggings, if you like, they're super flattering. It makes them very stretchy and easy to wear because of the material.
How to style jodhpurs?
Both women's jodhpurs and their matching boots usually come in neutral colours, making them very easy to style. Our favorite ladies' style comes in a chic beige shade that is super flattering and of course, versatile. Combining them with black or brown jodhpur boots will never go out of fashion. You may also opt for a higher boot if you want to cover your calves.
Don't know what to put on your upper body, well now we've got your jeans and shoes covered? Our favorite look is a shirt and gilet: classic but still chic and great for riding. We suggest that you pair an Oxford cotton shirt with a quilted gilet to add a little elegance to your outfit. By sticking to neutrals on your bottom half, that means you can spic it with some color if you want it on the top half. Colors such as pink, blue and purple all go well with beige women's jodhpurs and brown/black boots!
How should jodhpurs fit?
Women's jodhpurs are full-length trousers that need to be rolled up by a few inches at the bottom. This extra material ensures that they're not lying flat over your feet, which is why they're better suited for wearing short riding boots. To prevent them from riding your leg, wear them with women's jodhpur clips.
- Waist – Your waist measurements should be measured from the smallest part of the waist. It's important that you keep the measuring tape to the level when you do this.
- Hip – Your hip measurements should be taken from the widest portion of your hip. To do this, stand your legs together and measure your hips from the point that you can feel your hip bone.
- Inside Leg – To take this measurement stand with one leg in front of one and measure it from your groin down the from inside your leg to the base of your foot.
The range of women's jodhpurs available to us has increased tremendously in recent years. Although this means that shopping trips can feel like a little bit of a minefield, it's a good thing! We now have more choices than ever before when it comes to style, fit, and versatility.
Photo by Josue Isai Ramos Figueroa on Unsplash