When the weather's cold outside, there's nothing like wearing a comfortable piece of women's knitwear. The right women's knitwear will not only keep you warm, but it can also be incredibly stylish. From jersey knits to rib knits and more, the opportunities are endless and you're sure to find a women's knitwear that suits your needs!
Women's Knitwear: Everything You Should Know About
Whether you've got some knitwear in your closet or you're thinking of getting some, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some frequently asked queries pertaining to women's knitwear. From what are the different types of women's knitwear to how do you maintain knitwear and more.
What are the different types of knitwear for women?
There are many different types of knitwear for women and we'll discuss some of the more popular styles in greater detail below.
- Jersey Knit – These are knitwears that are lightweight, and not too stretchy.
- Rib Knits – These are a tad heavier in comparison to jersey knits and are generally quite stretchy.
- Interlock Knit – These are also heavier and thicker and also one of the most stable fabrics.
- Fleece Knits – This is an incredibly durable and warm fabric that's great on those colder days. With a fleece knit sweater, you'll definitely be able to tackle frigid days with no issues.
- French Terry Knit – These knitwears are absorbent, lightweight and generally moisture-wicking.
How do you maintain knitwear?
The best way to maintain your women's knitwear is to wash them individually or with similar colours. Ideally, you should handwash it cold with gentle detergent and soak it for about 10-minutes or so before rinsing it thoroughly. To get rid of any excess water, you can roll your women's knitwear in a towel and gently press it to absorb.
How do I keep my knitwear soft?
Here are some ways that you can keep your women's knitwear soft:
- Use the delicate setting on your washing machine, or handwash these pieces on your own.
- Check the fabric care label to make sure that you're taking care of them properly.
- Turn your knitwear inside out before going ahead and washing it.
Can knitwear be washed?
Most women's knitwear can most certainly be washed, but you'd need to determine whether or not it can be hand-washed or machine-washed. Handwashing your women's knitwear is usually the safest bet. If you can't do so however, you'd want to make sure that you're using the delicate setting of your washing machine.
There's nothing like wearing some comfortable women's knitwear during cold weather. When it comes to the women's knitwear that you have, however, you'll want to make sure that you're taking care of it properly. After all, the last thing you'd want is to accidentally ruin your women's knitwear! As women's knitwear comes in a whole array of designs, have fun matching it and layering it with other items in your closet.
Featured image: Jakob Owens – Unsplash