While women's overalls were relatively popular in the past – especially the 90s, this piece of clothing has recently made a comeback. While it was previously dubbed as having a farmer-like look to them, women's overalls are now incredibly stylish – especially if styled properly. Not only can they look effortlessly chic, but they've also got a casual yet stylish look to them.
Women's Overalls: Everything You Should Know About
Whether you've got a women's overall or you're thinking of getting one, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some frequently asked questions pertaining to women's overalls. From what are the different types of overalls to whether overalls in style and more.
What are the different types of overalls for women?
There are many different types of women's overalls and we'll discuss some of the more popular designs in greater detail below:
- Basic overall – These are the most common type of overall and since they're evergreen you can wear them wherever and whenever.
- Old fashion overalls – These were mainly worn in the past and aren't quite as stylish as the new overalls.
- Ripped overalls – These have a bit of an edgy look to them, and are great if you're looking for a look that'll standout.
- Oversized overalls – These are incredibly comfortable and come with plenty of space.
- Overall dress – These come in all sorts of designs and patterns, and have become increasingly popular in recent years.
Are overalls in style?
In recent years, overalls have definitely become a piece of clothing that has become increasingly popular. Not only can you wear them in the summer, but you can also layer them with additional pieces of clothing and wear them in the winter. When worn properly, overalls can definitely look exceedingly stylish.
What should I wear under overalls?
There are a few items of clothing that you can wear under overalls:
- A classic t-shirt – You can pair a classic striped t-shirt with overalls for a classic yet stylish look.
- Crop top – If you're willing to opt for a long that's slightly more revealing, why not pair your crop top with your overalls?
- Blouse – Why not have a little fun and match your blouse with a pair of overalls? The opportunities are endless!
Should your overalls be tight or loose?
It honestly doesn't matter since there's oversized overalls as well. Most importantly, your overalls should exude a fashionable vibe to them. Whether you've gone for a tighter or a looser overall however, it's important to make sure that it isn't overly tight or loose. In particular, the waist, butt and hips area should be more fitted.
If you're looking to experiment with different types of clothing, you should definitely look at adding some women's overalls to your wardrobe. Not only do they come in a variety of designs and styles that you can choose from, but the right pair of overalls can also spruce up your entire outfit.
Featured image: Jessica Ticozzelli– Pexels