The ultra-light and super trendy women's playsuit absolutely cannot be ignored. Nowadays this shorter sister of the jumpsuit isn't just for girls, and it's certainly no longer just for lounging by the pool or walking on the beach in the summer. There are now so many selections to choose from. From more casual-chic designs to dressier fabrics, making this a very wearable city staple for day or night.
Women's Playsuits: Everything You Should Know About
There are few things as versatile, functional, and comfortable as a women's playsuit in the fashion world. This perfect daily staple can be taken from day to night with ease, looking as nice at a casual weekend picnic as a night out in the city.
What's the difference between jumpsuit and playsuit?
In terms of styling, a jumpsuit is a piece of clothing that includes a top and a pair of pants. The more streamlined leg on most jumpsuits allows them to travel from office to dinner in seconds with a quick shoe swap!
Women's playsuits are short sleeved tops and shorts in one. The best part of the women's playsuits? A women's playsuit may feel like pyjamas but it certainly doesn't look like that! Thanks to their success, it's not hard to find a more formal women's playsuit that's just right for running errands, a day at the park or a night out with mates. Women's playsuits are available in a variety of materials, from rough cotton to high-end silk. Investing in a women's playsuit will help you complete your capsule wardrobe.
Do playsuits suit everyone?
Curvy women were born to wear a women's jumpsuit.
- Skip high necks. Wrap designs and the V-necks bring the eyes in and down. Try an off the shoulder style, this retro neckline really matches your curves and balances your hips.
- If you're concerned about lumps and bumps being on show, go for prints. Prints on dark backgrounds are typically slimming.
If worn correctly, the women's jumpsuit can really lengthen your frame and be one of the most flattering items in your wardrobe. The 'all in one' silluohete creates an unbroken vertical line that lengthens small bodies.
- Don't swamp your body, stick to tailored styles. T he proportions must always be right. Be careful of the crotch section, as this cannot be easily altered by a tailor.
- Tailored and straight leg shorts make the legs look long and lean.
- Stick to all colors or print to help lengthen your body.
Can a 40 year old wear a romper?
You may assume that women's jumpsuits are out of reach for you if you're over the age of 40 (even the name sounds youthful), but they don't have to be. You have to have an honest conversation with yourself first.
It goes like this: "Self, do my legs look better than most 30-year-olds? Or do I have veins and legs that I'd rather hide? "If the response is the latter, you may want to miss this trend. You should definitely wear a women's jumpsuit if your legs are amazing, but here are some tricks to pull off this trend.
- Buy it one size bigger. A longer torso would make it longer and more comfortable.
- Look for inseams of at least 3′′ in scale. The longer the shorts are the better.
- If you have cuffs, you can unroll them by adding inches to the shorts.
- Don't be too sexy, a negligee style is going to look silly.
- Wear a flat shoe (like a sandal) so heels will shorten the length of the shorts.
- Check yourself from all directions, even from behind.
Not only does the women's playsuit look fantastic for a multitude of occasions, but its style is also incredibly simple, saving you time from choosing separates as it's an all-over cover-up. Just pop it on and choose your shoes. Not to mention countless variations mean that there's something for all shapes and sizes.
Photo by Glen Jackson on Unsplash