Your rucksack will be carrying your essential possessions. Therefore, choosing the perfect one for your travels is necessary. No matter where you’re heading to, the right rucksack can make travelling a lot easier and comfortable. It's hard to find a women's rucksack that is 100% perfect, but with enough research, you'll be able to find one with the features that matter to you.
Things you need to know about Women's Rucksack
Since there are so many options in women's rucksack, it can be quite overwhelming to decide on your own. That’s why we’ve created this guide to help you choose the right women's rucksack.
What are the different types of women's rucksacks?
- Basic backpack: This type of rucksack(backpack) is very lightweight and has minimal sections. They tend not to have additional features and compartments.
- Heavy rucksack: This is a feature-heavy and more practical rucksack offering better comfort. It has multiple features like pockets for sunglasses, sweat-free straps, suspended back, clips to hold keys, waterproof covers, etc.
- Dry rucksack: Designed for water sports and activities, these rucksacks will keep your belongings dry even if the bag is submerged in water. It is made of completely waterproof material to stop water from getting inside the sack, even during the worst weather.
- Tactical rucksack: This is a heavy-duty long-lasting backpack made of thick waterproof, untearable material. It often has many small pockets and you can also add modular attachments to customise it according to your needs.
- Hydration pack: This rucksack is specifically made for carrying around more water. It holds a water bladder close to your back, making it more comfortable to carry. This bladder is attached to a tube through which you can drink water without taking the bag off.
Why should you use a Women’s Rucksack?
There is nothing wrong with purchasing unisex or male rucksacks but women’s rucksacks are designed specifically keeping the female body type in mind. Padding, length, and straps of women's rucksacks are different from the male rucksacks, which is crucial for a comfortable fit. When the weight starts stacking up, ladies backpacks tend to be more comfortable for women.
How to Choose the Best Women's Rucksack?
Many factors come into play when choosing the right women's rucksack.
There are a few things you need to consider, including size, capacity, features, and the price. These are all, completely subjective and depend on the type of travel you will be going for.
Choose the size of your rucksack according to your travel gear. 40-50L is manageable and counts as a carry-on. It's an overall best choice.
60+L are great for camping, hiking and long travels.
Travel rucksacks have a torso measurement to help you find one that is the best fit for you. Measure your torso and try a few rucksacks on ( preferably with weight) to make sure. When buying online, check the details and measurements carefully.
Make sure your rucksack has a convenient hip belt. It helps take weight off of your shoulders so that you can walk, hike, and climb comfortably.
Make sure your travel rucksack is made from strong, durable, stretchy, waterproof material. You need to look out for a material that will last for years.
The best rucksack for you will depend on your travel style and the type of trip you plan for at any given time. Ultimately, consider what your trip consists of and jot down the things you will need, without stressing over it. Then pack accordingly.
We hope after reading this guide, you are well prepared and ready to buy a women's rucksack. Browse through our collection of rucksacks made specifically for women to find the best one for your needs.
Image source: Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash