A women's skirt is a garment worn to cover the lower part of your body, from the waist down. It is a versatile clothing item paired with a variety of different tops. Skirts come in various shapes, styles and fabrics, making them a must-have item in your wardrobe.
Whatever look you are going for, sophisticated, feminine, flirty or bold, there is a skirt for every occasion to help you achieve your desired look.
Women's Skirt: Everything You Need To Know About It
It is always good to do your research before buying a clothing item. That's why we've picked some of the frequently asked questions about women's skirts and answered them for you.
What are the different types of Women's Skirts?
Like we mentioned before, skirts come in a variety of different shapes and styles. Some of the most popular ones are :
- A-Line Skirt: An A-Line skirt has a slight flare, giving it a shape similar to the capital letter A. Hence, the name A-line. Popular among different age-groups, this classic skirt has been in fashion for a decade.
- Pencil Skirt: As the name indicates a Pencil skirt is a body-hugging skirt, narrowing down from the waist to the hips. It is a staple for working women, making them look chic and classy.
- Denim Skirt: A denim skirt, sometimes referred to as a 'jean skirt', is made from the hard-wearing cotton twill fabric- denim. It is durable, trendy and modern.
- Pleated Skirt: A Pleated skirt is usually long and has vertical pleats along its length. Worn to achieve more of a casual look, it does not need any ironing.
- Leather Skirt: A leather skirt, of course, is made out of leather. It is usually available in the colors black, brown and maroon and gives you a clean, fitted look.
- Bubble Hem Skirt: As the name implies, a Bubble Hem skirt gives you a bubble kind of an effect. It can make you look curvier. Hence, it might not be the best option for those wanting to look slimmer.
- Mini Skirt: A mini skirt is a straight cut skirt that stops halfway down your thighs or a little bit above your knee. It remains dear to most generations and will probably never go out of style.
- Maxi Skirt: A Maxi skirt is long and loose from the waist to the ankle. It is a summer staple, usually made out of light, flowy fabrics.
What skirt length is the most flattering?
The most flattering skirt length would be just above, just below or at the knee. Skirt types with this length are A-line, mini and pencil skirts.
Which body type is best suited for pencil skirts?
Pencil skirts look great on an hourglass figure. However, it is a universally flattering skirt that can be worn by women of every shape. You just need to know your body type before choosing the best pencil skirt for you. You can experiment with different lengths and styles like peplum, tapered hem, etc. and choose the one which suits you best.
What is the difference between a pencil skirt and a straight skirt?
A pencil skirt is body-hugging and tapers from the hips to the knees. A straight skirt, on the other hand, falls straight from the hips to the knees and is slightly looser.
Printed, solid, sheer or ribbed, whatever style or pattern you may prefer your skirt to be in, with so many women's skirt options to choose from, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't get one.
So, what are you waiting for? Style your skirt with your favourite t-shirt or blouse and get going!
Image source: Photo by Tamara Bellis on Unsplash