If you're someone that's constantly traveling, or get woken up by natural light in the morning, sleep masks are a great purchase. Not only can they help you with falling asleep while you're on the go, but they can also help with easing jetlag symptoms and ensuring that you get a great night's sleep.
Women's Sleep Masks: Everything you should know about
Looking to purchase a sleep mask to have a better night's sleep? If so, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some of the most popular burning questions pertaining to sleep masks. From what's the most comfortable sleep mask material to how do you choose a sleep mask, we're here to help.
What's the most comfortable sleep mask material?
There isn't a most comfortable material per se, it's what best suits your needs. Below is a brief overview of the various sleep mask materials:
- Satin – This is a popular material because it feels similar to silk. Satin's also great for individuals with long hair because it won't pull or snag.
- Silk – These are some of the most comfortable sleep masks out there as it's thicker than most fabrics and exceedingly soft.
- Cotton – This is the most natural and hypoallergenic material of the lot, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin and eyes.
- Polyester – This is a lightweight and durable material that's usually cooler than some of the other materials.
How to keep a sleep mask on at night?
If your sleep mask keeps falling off while you're sleeping, it's possible that it's not the right fit. To ensure a proper fit, make sure that it's the right shape for your face. You may also want to try different brands and sizes until you can find one that fits you comfortably.
How do I choose a sleep mask?
When it comes to selecting a woman's sleep mask, there are a few things to consider:
- Look at choosing a sleep mask that's able to block a good amount of light.
- Look for one that works well with your sleeping position.
- Ensure that the sleep mask you pick comes in a comfortable fabric that suits your needs.
- Make sure that your sleep mask fits you properly
- Look at any additional features that you may want your sleep mask to have.
How often should you wash sleep masks?
Ideally you should try and wash your sleep mask at least twice a month. To wash your sleep mask, you'd want to do so with warm water and mild soap. When it comes to replacing your sleep mask, try and do so every two to three months.
If you're someone that's travelling a lot, sleep masks are a great purchase. Not only will it keep out the light, but they're also comfortable, lightweight, and most importantly, will provide you with the beauty rest that you deserve. When it comes to selecting your sleep mask, make sure that it fits you properly because there's nothing more frustrating than a sleep mask that slips off while you're snoozing.
Photo by cottonbro on Pexels