Sunglasses are great fashion accessories that can instantly make your style hit a homerun. From classic aviators to cat-eye and colourful lenses, you will find incredible sunnies that suit any summer outfit.
The latest trends will give you the spotlight you deserve and make you stand out from the crowd. But do not forget, it is equally important to wear them to protect your eyes.
Everything You Need To Know Before Buying Women's Sunglasses
Sunglasses come in many colours, shapes, and styles, and there are high chances that there is at least one that you will love. We think the best ones are the ones that fit your specific purpose, match with the rest of your wardrobe and resemble your vibe.
What are the different types of women's sunglasses?
Sunglasses come in a medley of lenses, colours and sizes. The most popular kinds are:
- Aviators: Classic aviators are a timeless accessory that will never go old. They look good on literally everyone. Besides, they complete any summer ensemble, making you look chic and classy. For a fresh look, you can go for aviators with colourful lenses or ones that have a pinkish tint.
- Colourful Lenses: For some, wearing classic dark lenses every day can be boring. While they might not provide the best protection from the sun, it does not hurt to add a little spice to your look with colourful lenses. You can always wear them on a not-so-sunny day.
- Tiny Sunglasses: Tiny sunglasses are making a reappearance in the fashionista lookbooks. They can make your summer outfit an instant hit by making you look effortlessly cool and chic.
- Cat-Eye Sunglasses: Is any list of women's sunglasses ever complete without mentioning the cat-eye frames? We think not. The cat-eye sunglasses that are trending now have bold prints and wild colours ranging from green to cherry or lilac.
- Round and Oversize Blinders: If you are not the tiny sunglasses type, but you want something trendy and extra, then the oversized shades will be your favourites. These sunglasses are stylish and bold, making them a must-have summer accessory.
- Modern Vintage: If you are a classic old soul with a taste for vintage designs blended with modern colours, you will find these type of sunglasses to be just your type. A vintage cat-eye pair with bright coloured lenses or printed frames is an example of such a style.
What sunglasses are best for eye protection?
To protect your eyes as much as possible, get at least one pair of sunglasses with large lenses or a close-fitting style. Sunglasses that provide 100% UV protection, also labelled as ‘UV400’, provide the best protection for your eyes. They prevent 100% of both UVA and UVB light.
Are polarized sunglasses better for your eyes?
Polarized sunglasses block out harmful light rays such as UVA, UVB, UVC, etc. which can create uneasiness for your eyes. They improve contrast and visual clarity, reducing the possibility of eye damage.
What colour sunglasses are the best?
Some colours are more comfortable for your vision than others. Aim for a hue that is about medium darkness. The trendy colours in sunglasses are grey, black, green, yellow, amber, and red.
Sunglasses are very versatile and will definitely level your style up a notch. You can even match them with your sun hat to bring your overall outfit together.
If you are a skincare fanatic, why leave your eyecare behind? Make sure to make sunglasses a priority, just like your sunscreen. Tell us which trends listed above are your favourite?
Image Source: Photo by Laura Dewilde on Unsplash