Once mainly used for functional purposes, women's tracksuits have grown in popularity as a fashion statement. While they're perfect to wear at home – especially if you're looking for something comfortable to lounge in, pop culture has normalised tracksuits to something that you can rock outside as well.
Women's Tracksuits: Everything you should know about
If you're looking to purchase a tracksuit, we've got you covered. Below, we've got answers to some of the most popular questions pertaining to tracksuits. From what tracksuits are, to whether or not they're fashionable, we'll answer all of your burning questions below.
What is a tracksuit?
Tracksuits usually consist of a sweatshirt along with a matching pair of pants that are either elasticated or come with a drawstring waist. Originally, tracksuits were mainly used by athletes before a competition to keep themselves warm. Nowadays, however, tracksuits are commonly worn as casual wear or even as fashion statements.
Are tracksuits fashionable?
They're definitely making a comeback. In recent years, plenty of celebrities and models have been seen donning tracksuits, resulting in an increase in their popularity. As a bonus, tracksuits are also warm as they retain body heat, making them a popular choice for colder months.
What do you wear with a tracksuit?
There's plenty that you can wear with a tracksuit, here are some of our recommendations:
- If you're looking to add a layer of warmth, wear your tracksuit with a long wool coat.
- Pair your tracksuit with a comfortable pair of sneakers.
- Wear a tank top underneath your tracksuit top, unzip the top and you've got yourself an outfit.
As a side note, most tracksuits don't need additional layering. Plenty of them are perfect as it is, but it's completely up to you.
How do you style a tracksuit?
When it comes to styling a tracksuit, here are some stylish and easy ways:
- Choose a tracksuit bottom that's more fitted rather than something that's baggy.
- Pair your tracksuit outfit with a blazer or a stylish jacket.
- Take some time in styling other parts of your look from your hair to your makeup.
- Looking to dress up your tracksuit? Pair it with some heels to elevate your look.
- Add a glamorous piece to your overall look. This can be a handbag that'll help to create a more overall polished look.
Is it ok to wear tracksuits in public?
It's perfectly fine to wear tracksuits in public – especially if you've styled it right. While tracksuits were previously worn indoors, it's now a normal piece to wear outdoors. Just make sure that you're styling it right so it doesn't look like you've just rolled out of bed.
If you'd like something comfortable that you can wear both indoors and outdoors, tracksuits are a great addition to your wardrobe. While they were typically worn indoors, they've now become a piece that you can also rock outdoors – especially if you've styled it right.
Photo by The Lazy Artist on Pexels