In ancient times, only women would use umbrellas, mainly to protect their skin from the impact of the sun. They were also considered as a sign of femininity, wealth, and influence.
Whether you fancy floral designs and bright colours or classic black and functional umbrellas, there is no denying that a good umbrella is an essential thing to have.
Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Women’s Umbrella
To help you in choosing the right umbrella, we have written this article that covers different types of women's umbrellas. We also answered some of the most asked questions about them.
What are the different types of women’s umbrellas?
There are different types of umbrellas for various purposes. Below are some of the most common types.
- Artistic Umbrellas: If you want an umbrella that is different from the usual black ones, liven up your monsoons with artistic umbrellas. They come in a variety of intricate designs, bright or neon colours, and materials.
- Automatic Umbrellas: If you often find yourself carrying multiple bags in your hands, get yourself an automatic umbrella. The next time it pours, you don't have to worry about opening the umbrella with your occupied hands. You can open it by just pushing the button near the bottom of the handle.
- Bubble Umbrella: The bubble umbrella aka domed umbrella is spherical in shape. It has a higher canopy that fits down over your body, made out of clear material to help you see through it. These are wildly popular.
- Classic Umbrellas: These are the most common types of umbrellas and are usually unfoldable. They come in different sizes, so you can find one that fits in your purse or backpack. They also come in various colours and patterns if you are looking for contemporary ones.
- Compact Umbrellas: Compact umbrellas are small umbrellas that don't take up much space in your bag. Most compact umbrellas measure about nine inches long when closed. Many of them are also automatic with a push-button for opening and closing.
- Golf Umbrellas: Golf umbrellas are designed to protect golfers and their belongings when it starts raining during a tournament. Most of them are roughly 27 inches to 37.5 inches in radius, sometimes bigger. They're also preferred by non-golfers since they are big and sturdy.
- Wind Resistant Umbrellas: Wind resistant umbrellas are thick. Their strong and flexible canopy is made of fibreglass. If you live in a region where unruly, windy weather is common, a wind-resistant umbrella can be your life-saver.
- Parasol (Personal) Umbrellas: Commonly used in Asia, Parasols are umbrellas that protect your skin from heat and sunlight. They come with special coatings that can even absorb UV radiation. They too come in a variety of beautiful designs and colours.
What should I look for in an women's umbrella?
Among rain umbrellas, go for one that has good water repellency, durability, size, weight and is automatic. For parasols, consider ones that have proper UV protection.
What size umbrella do I need?
Umbrellas commonly have diameters ranging from 21 to 25 inches depending on the type. If you want an umbrella that covers more area, go for a bigger diameter.
What is the difference between golf and regular umbrellas?
Golf umbrellas are generally bigger than the regular rain umbrellas. They have strong and sturdy canopies that keep them from turning inside out.
Umbrellas are one of those things you wish you had on you especially when the rain is already pouring. So why not start while there is still time and get an umbrella you will want to carry around.
There are umbrellas solely made to protect you from the sun, ones that protect you from the rain and storm and ones that are stylish and trendy. No matter which one you choose, just don't let the rain ruin your day!
Image source: Photo by Jason Rost on Unsplash