Whether you're starting a new job or have been in the working world for a while, women's workwear is a must. With so many different types of women's workwear from more casual pieces to something that's a tad more formal, there are plenty of clothing pieces that you can choose from.
Women's Workwear: Everything You Should Know About
Whether you've already got some women's workwear or you're thinking of adding some new pieces to your collection, we're here to help. Below, we've answered some frequently asked queries pertaining to women's workwear. From what are the different types of workwear to what are some professional workwear outfits and more.
What are the different types of workwear for women?
There are many different types of women's workwear and we'll discuss some of the more popular designs in greater detail below:
- Casual Workwear – As the name suggests, these are more informal pieces of clothing that you can wear if you work in an informal office. This is closer to everyday clothing such as jeans, a t-shirt and a pair of flats.
- Smart Casual Workwear – This type of workwear will usually include more stylish pieces of clothing but isn't overly formal. Some examples include blazers, dresses, skirts, blouses and flats.
- Business Casual Workwear – This is commonly worn in most offices and has some casual elements to it. For women, this would typically consist of pencil skirts, button-downs, blouses, trousers and sweaters.
- Business Professional Workwear – This is worn in companies that have a stricter dress code. Examples of clothing include dresses, skirts, business professional shoes and blazers.
What are some professional workwear outfits?
Here are some of our suggestions for a professional women's workwear outfit:
- You can't go wrong with pairing a structured blazer with some high-waisted pants or a pencil skirt.
- A classic white shirt also looks good in any business professional workwear outfit.
- For a business casual look, you can pair a tank top with a blazer along with a long patterned skirt or a pair of tailored pants.
What is the best workwear to have?
Ideally, you should have the following items:
- A stylish pencil skirt that goes with a plethora of outfits.
- A comfortable pair of flats that you can wear on those more casual business days.
- A pair of heels that's perfect for when you're meeting clients.
- A tailored blazer that's both fitted and stylish.
- A comfortable yet stylish dress that you can either dress up or down.
What is considered inappropriate workwear?
These are the pieces of clothing are considered as inappropriate workwear:
- Anything see through
- Anything that's overly short, baggy or tight
- Anything that shows off your top, cleavage or your tummy
- Anything that might render your undergarments visible
Women's workwear is something that you absolutely must-have in your wardrobe. Not only do you need to have some staple pieces, but you should also have a variety to cater to various occasions. When choosing your women's workwear, make sure that you're also selecting appropriate pieces. After all there, are some pieces of clothing that are not suited to wear to work.
Featured image: Christina Morillo – Pexels